FAMILY FAITH FORMATION (FFF) exists for the purpose of spreading the Good News of Christ to its students and to their families. The staff and volunteers are committed to assisting families in the beautiful task of molding young disciples in the faith.
Basic Requirements for all FFF volunteers:
- A love for Christ and youth.
- A desire to minister to youth on a weekly basis for at least one year.
- A willingness to serve as a Christian role model.
- A weekly commitment to Sunday liturgy.
Sunday Morning FFF (Grades 1-6) – If you love your Catholic faith and have a desire to share it, there are opportunities to volunteer in FFF during our Sunday morning classes from 9:15 am - 10:45 am. We need:
- Catechists (teachers) - Catechists have the primary responsibility for implementing our curriculum, Finding God, in the classroom. The materials are very easy and lesson planning is made very simple. We offer lots of training and assistance whenever needed. Catechists typically spend 1-2 hours preparing for their weekly class.
- Classroom Aides - Aides assist the primary catechist and act as a substitute if the catechist is sick or unable to make a session.
- Hall Monitors - To keep our families safe, we ask that we have at least one parent downstairs and one parent upstairs in the hallways, at all times, to ensure doors are locked and only authorized people have access to the classes. Hall monitors are also an extra set of hands and eyes to help maintain order in the building.
Tuesday Evening High School Formation (Grades 9-10) - If helping high school students learn and grown in their faith is something that interests you, we’d love to talk to you about being a Small Group Leader Tuesday evenings from 6:30 - 8:00 pm. Volunteers would lead small groups, help with prayer, and share their faith with the teens.
Sunday Evening Youth Ministry (Grades 7-8 and 9-12) - Youth Ministry at Annunciation begins with 5:00 pm Mass, followed by Edge and Life Teen from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Youth Ministry is always looking for energetic people to help as Core Team Members.
- Edge Core Team Members are the heart and soul of the middle school youth ministry experience. One of the main tasks of Core Members is to lead small groups. Other tasks may include helping out with opening and closing prayers, performing skits, or giving witness/catechetical talks to the large group. Edge is part catechesis (it counts for faith formation) and part fun.
- Life Teen Core Team Member is similar to that of the Edge Core Team Member, only geared towards our high school students. Additionally, Life Teen does not act as formation for our high school students and it is therefore geared more towards building relationships with kids and community building.
- Life Support - Where there is youth ministry there is food. Life Support volunteers help serve food and setup the environment for our youth ministry events.
For more information on volunteering with the Department of Family Faith Formation, visit our website at www.annunciation.cc then contact our office at 716-683-5515.