ANNUNCIATION CHURCH ELMA, NY
Meeting Minutes –April 26, 2017
Fr. Gene Ulrich, Larry Zielinski, Joseph Widmer, David Walsh, Kris DiScipio, Jack Bergmann, Mike Skrip, Deacon Jim Jaworski, John Neidhart
I Minutes Approved of March 22, 2017 Meeting
- Discussed amended minutes related to Annunciation Service Club request
- Motion to amend March 22, 2017 meeting minutes by Joseph Widmer
- Seconded by David Walsh
- Minutes approved as amended
II Building and Grounds Committee Report to Finance Committee and Capital Needs FY 2017/2018 –
- Roofing repairs to date at total cost of $103,000 includes areas within church and Selbert Hall.
- Additional planned repairs of roof replacement and HVAC unit to Selbert Hall walkway into church and meeting room will cost approximately $20,000 to $25,000. This will occur in FY 2016/2017.
- Diocese of Buffalo aids in “bid package” support
- Discussion occurred regarding planned rectory repairs and replacement of windows, roof and HVAC. Priorities and subsequent funding costs will be determined.
- Church Sacristy roof will be repaired in FY 2017/2018
- Parish Grounds Septic Systems – Macken will determine appropriate needs for repair/replacement. Bids will be obtained for necessary work.
III March 2017 Financials – David Walsh
- Parishioner receipt revenue $57,112; total church net revenue $63,803 v. $66,784 plan
- Net Parish expenses $79,427
- Net cash flow (-)$15,624 v. planned (-)$11,448 (includes Interest/Investment income)
- YTD FY 2016/2017 net cash flow $109,522
- YTD 2016/2017 parishioner receipt revenue $474,275 v. YTD 2015/2016 $505,235
- Investment/Income value decreased by $572
- Master Plan Building Fund balance is $528,587
- March 2017 Parishioner revenues $6,793 unfavorable to plan
- March 2017 special donations for picnic $2,333
- Holy Name Society donated $3,647 to provide for Holy Name Society Room updates
IV Fiscal Year 2016/2017 Capital Spending - Deacon Jim Jaworski
- A new “used” truck for parish needs was purchased for $12,000
- The parish’s old truck was sold for $6,000
V Diocese of Buffalo Lay Pension Plan Update – Fr. Gene Ulrich
- Ongoing discussions with representatives from Diocese of Buffalo, Hart & Keenan Company and parishes assessed with a proposed “unfunded obligation” determined by the Diocese of Buffalo.
Next meeting: May 24, 2017 @ 7:00 pm Parish Center
Respectfully submitted by Mike Skrip